Thursday, March 11, 2010

Here we go....

I have never been the slightest bit interested in blogging or sharing my feelings with the world so for me to be starting this blog is foreign territory. It is hard for me to do anything (including a blog) without having an objective or "mission statement" so to speak. I know it is dorky but that is the way God wired me. So with that being said, I have my reasons for now deciding to blog. For starters, I am bored out of my mind! One would think that 3 young boys would keep me from being "bored" but due to our circumstances I often find myself without much to do. The boys are getting to the stage where I can take 10 or 15 minutes on the computer without all heck breaking loose. My main objective is to archive these years with the boys. I have had numerous people tell me that these years will be over in a blink and it scares me that I won't remember anything. I guess I have this idea that one day when the boys are grown they will find it fun to go back and read about our crazy life and maybe even be able to get a glimpse of how much I love being their mom. The night before each of them were born (I always had the luxury of scheduling their births) I wrote them a letter. I have then continued to write them a letter on their birthday each year and put it in their baby book but it is hard to remember all their milestones, funny stories, and tender moments and put it into a letter once a year. I am hoping this blog will fill in all the blanks that I can't remember throughout the years. So there you have it. My mission is to document and archive this journey as Bryce and I make a running attempt to raise "a few good men".

1 comment:

  1. Very cute sister! I love my little lake family! To put a picture on it- go to add a gadget on the right column and then AFTER you have the picture there- go back to layout and move the pic to where you want it!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete